Brimhall Logo
- 0 Items

August 18, 2014 Puzzle Piece Dental Amalgams

August 18, 2014 Puzzle Piece  


Dental Amalgams


Dental amalgams have been professed to be harmless for many years by the Dentists that put them in patients’ mouths and upheld by the government as safe and effective.  Yet if the material is removed from the body, the mercury is listed a harmful and has to be disposed of as a hazardous substance.  Some dentists still use the poisonous approach.
I have read that amalgam filling material is approximately 50 percent mercury, which is a potent neurotoxin.  It is combined with silver, copper, and tin. All of these can be toxic too. Mercury fillings are erroneously called "silver fillings," referring to the color of the material and definitely not the composition.
In the US, dental amalgam is the leading use of mercury, and dental offices generate a variety of amalgam waste that gets flushed down the drain unless the dentist utilizes an amalgam separator. Dental offices are also reported to be the leading source of mercury in wastewater of public sewage treatment plants. The annual toxic mercury waste is about 3.7 tons each year. 
Many studies have shown even one filling with mercury can affect your health negatively. Taking it out can be hazardous to your health too.  Be sure to consult a Biological Dentist if you decide for removal.  I made the mistake, many years ago and had all four quadrants removed in one day.  This was incredibly detrimental to my health in many ways.  This was before as much was known about the best removal procedures.  It is best to have no more than one quadrant removed at a time and do the most electrically active first.  Biological Dentists have instruments to measure the activity.  We will discuss removal more at the end of this article.
There are many case histories of conditions, such as diagnosed MS that are related to amalgam fillings.  One lady patient relates this case history:
"I started to have pins and needles in my legs and then it started to happen in my hands. Just 18 months later, I could hardly walk," she told The Daily Mail.
"I started having panic attacks, collapsing in the street, lost the feeling in my hands, started losing my vision, began slurring my words, I couldn't concentrate on anything...
I experienced palpitations, and I actually could feel like my brain was moving. I started having hallucinations during the night. It was terrifying. I could feel my body was breaking down and not working. I actually thought I was dying."
Eighteen months after her fateful dental appointment, Maria was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). It was only through her own research that she realized her symptoms matched those of mercury poisoning.
She was tested for heavy metals and was found to have toxic levels of mercury in her system. After getting the amalgams safely removed and undergoing a mercury detox program, her health has been fully restored.
There is much evidence clearly showing that dental amalgams release mercury in the form of vapor every time you eat, drink or brush your teeth.  It has been measured that one dental amalgam filling may release as much as 15 micrograms of mercury per day. Eating mercury contaminated seafood can expose you to about 2.3 micrograms per day.  There have been many warnings against eating mercury contaminated fish. This gives one a different prospective to the potential danger of the mercury in our teeth.
Articles on mercury exposure and children's health, state there is no known safe level of exposure for mercury. Ideally, exposure should be as near zero as possible.  These mercury vapors readily pass through your cell membranes, across your blood-brain barrier, and into your central nervous system, where it can cause psychological, neurological, and immunological problems.
Mercury is also known to cause kidney damage.  This again points out the necessity of having any removal done by highly trained dentists.  Dentists can use a rubber dam in the mouth so you do not swallow or inhale toxins.  They often use a cold water spray to minimize mercury vapors.   Your mouth should be washed out immediately to eliminate the toxins after removal.  Providing an alternative source of air is sometimes used to prevent the inhaling of toxic released substances.
BioEnergX, manufactured by XYMOGEN, has homeopathic homocords of mercury and other toxic metals and halides, such as lead, aluminum, arsenic, barium, bromine, cadmium, chlorine, copper, fluorine, mercury, niccolum, lead, time thallium and uranium.  I use these on every patient I treat.  CheleX is also a great detox supplement.
These formulations can be used to help the body eliminate these toxic substances.  Specific testing can be used to measure for a toxic burden, including hair tests, toxic urine challenges, muscle response testing etc.  The results in using these detox methods can be demonstrated in minutes, not days.  Many chronic conditions may be caused by or aggravated by a toxic burden overload.
We teach this evaluation and treatment in our seminars.  We look forward to seeing you soon!
Yours in Health and Wellness,
John W. Brimhall, BA, BS, DC, FIAMA, DIBAK

Customer Reviews
# of Ratings: 0
There are no comments for this product.